Re: [gnome-db] index exists

2009/1/9 Piotr Pokora <piotrek pokora gmail com>
Hi!

How can I check if there's index for particular column(s) using gda 3?
It doesn't matter for me if column name or index name should be a key.

The gda_connection_get_schema() with GDA_CONNECTION_SCHEMA_FIELDS which sould give you a boolean if the field has a unique index associsted to it.

I need something which works.

Depending on which provider you use YMMV as meta data retreival was never correctly and completely defined. Libgda V4 will be much better regarding meta data.

I create indexes using gda_server_operation_set_value_at and
gda_server_provider_perform_operation.
But I can not find some good way to check if some index exists before
creating it.

Cheers,