Re: [gnome-db] Auto-updated GdaMetaStore?

On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 18:57 +0100, Armin Burgmeier wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 11:55 +0100, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> >         > The GdaSqlOperation is there for this purpose. See for
> >         example
> >         >
> >         http://library.gnome.org/devel/libgda/unstable/ddl_example.html.
> >

> >         Thanks. And will the metastore be updated automatically when
> >         using that
> >         API?
> >
> > Yes, this will be the case.
>
> I tried this, but it does not seem to work:
>
> http://arbur.net/stuff/metastore-update.c
>
> I only see the new table in the meta store when updating it again
> manually after the creation of the table. Any idea?

I also found that an explicit update of the meta store, specifying to
update only a specific table, after doing a ALTER query, didn't work, at
least with Postgres. Johannes is taking a look at that. Maybe it's a
related problem.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com