[gnome-db] how to use gnome_db_data_widget_perform_action correctly ?

i want user to be able to browse from one row to the next row in the
grid by clicking on
the next button.

i did some code that supposed to work but nothing happen.
i hope someone can point me where i am doing wrong.
my code is like this

GtkWidget page;
page = gnome_db_raw_grid(model);

connect to signal
g_signal_connect_swapped (G_OBJECT (nextbutton), "clicked",
	G_CALLBACK (loan_display_next_record), (gpointer) page);

callback function

static void
display_next_record (gpointer data)
{
	gnome_db_data_widget_perform_action (GNOME_DB_DATA_WIDGET (data),
							GNOME_DB_ACTION_MOVE_NEXT_RECORD);
       g_print("hello world");
}

this code run fine without any warning. I know it is executed because
every time i clicked on the nextbutton, "hello world" printed on my terminal.

but nothing happen. no record change etc.
anything i done wrong?

thank you..