Re: [gnome-db] New Libgda V3.99.4

2008/9/17 Massimo Cora' <maxcvs email it>
Hi Vivien,

in your last version you removed gda_data_model_get_value_at_column().
It was an handy function to retrieve a value from a column name, which
is also mentioned here
http://library.gnome.org/devel/libgda-4.0/unstable/ch07s06.html#id2552536.

I cannot find a replacement for it, may you please indicate me what I
should use?

I removed it because I don't want to encourage people using column names as they are not reliable (depends a lot on the database's native API): I prefer people to use column numbers. Also the replacement is fairly easy:
gda_data_model_get_value_at (model, gda_data_model_get_column_index(model, "mycol"), row, &error);

Cheers,