[gnome-db] Recommended function for escaping strings?

I wanted to escape a string that I am going to use as a value in an SQL
statement, but I'm unsure what function to use.

I see there's gda_default_escape_string(), but that is also used as a
fallback in gda_server_provider_escape_string() so that may not be a
preferred function.

Then there's gda_server_provider_escape_string(), but I thought I should
not call any of the server provider functions directly and I don't see
anything in gda_connection that uses it.

Finally there's gda_connection_value_to_sql_string(), but that requires
me to put the string into a GValue first.

What's the best way?

Thanks,
Maurice.

--