Re: [gnome-db] V4: fix memory leaks

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 11:19 PM, Massimo Cora' <maxcvs email it> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm noticing some big memleaks while using mass prepared statments
> queries. They're at most always the same [around 50 different queries].
> While I'm not 100% sure that it isn't my application [Anjuta with
> symbol-db] the one that leaks, on the other side Valgrind says nothing
> when I debug it. So the suspect that it could be libgda comes to my mind.
> Is there an easy way to debug libgda in its deeper levels?
> Giving out some numbers: I see a 200MB memory allocation after a
> population from ~800 files, getting
> sqlite> select count (*) from symbol;
> 26183
> sqlite> select count (*) from sym_kind;
> 13
> sqlite> select count (*) from sym_type;
> 22515
> sqlite> select count (*) from scope;
> 19788
>
> is prepared statements saved on a static memory?

A prepared statement object is created and associated with a
GdaStatement when the GdaStatement is being executed (if the same
GdaStatement is executed several times, then the same prepared
statement object is reused). The prepared statement is destroyed when
either the GdaStatement changes or is destroyed, so there should not
be any mem leak there, but of course there may be bugs...

Do you have a test case from which I can investigate?

Cheers,