Re: [gnome-db] postgresql provider performance

"Vivien Malerba" <vmalerba gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

> It seems the "SELECT 1..." query is sent whenever
> gda_data_model_describe_column() is called, and it can be optimized to
> be called only once...

Is it possible to fetch model with predefined Gtypes to avoid such queries at all?
I mean, to get model and let gda to initialize correct gvalues, or set gtypes for model
and tell gda to follow initialized gvalues' types.
For example, column type is boolean type and in some particular cases I would like to
have GValue with G_TYPE_UINT type.

If it's already doable just give me a hint how to start with it, and if not *please* consider
to implement it :).

Piotras