Re: [gnome-db] Auto-updated GdaMetaStore?

On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 11:13 +0100, Vivien Malerba wrote:

>         By the way, is there explicit libgda API (not hand-coding a
>         SQL ALTER
>         statement) that we could use instead?
>
> The GdaSqlOperation is there for this purpose. See for example
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/libgda/unstable/ddl_example.html.

Thanks. And will the metastore be updated automatically when using that
API?

By the way, I find that API quite awful so I'm unlikely to use it even
if it makes my code more portable across database servers. Like the
current metastore update API, I hate the use of these cryptic strings.
For instance:

gda_server_operation_set_value_at (op, "products", &error,
"/TABLE_DEF_P/TABLE_NAME")) goto on_set_error;

I much prefer explict API such as set_table_name(),
add_field_to_table(), and change_table_definition().

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com