[gnome-db] Regarding get_data_handler provider API

Hi,
I have some query regarding get_data_handler API to be implemented by the provider. Is the GdaDataHandler returned supposed to convert string to native database formats and vice versa.

Suppose that i have a database that assumes time to be in the format like  #9:53:01 AM#.

Now if i use the API gda_server_provider_value_to_sql_string() which internally calls get_data_handler API of the provider, is this API supposed to convert the GdaTime to this format and return.

I am new to Gda and i might be wrong. Please help me regarding this and explaining the real use case for get_data_handler API for the provider.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sumit

Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof. Click here.