Re: [gnome-db] Prepared statements with libgda

Hi Vivien,

> Yes, you're right: you need a dictionary if you want to execute the
> query using gda_query_execute(). Otherwise (if you don't want to
> create a dict.), you could get the SQL from the query, create a
> GdaCommand and execute that command with the connection.

yes but I'm interested in prepared statements, and from what I understood
it's not possibile to create them with a GdaCommand.

I think I found another but, but please first confirm it:

the prepared query with INSERT works good. But when I run a SELECT it comes
out with a bunch of errors, and does not return a correct GdaDataModel.

these are some of the errors I get:

** (Test db:15928): WARNING **: Column 0 out of range 0 - -1
** (Test db:15928): WARNING **: gda_data_model_set_column_title() method not
supported
** (Test db:15928): WARNING **: Column 1 out of range 0 - -1
** (Test db:15928): WARNING **: gda_data_model_set_column_title() method not
supported
** (Test db:15928): WARNING **: Column 2 out of range 0 - -1
** (Test db:15928): WARNING **: gda_data_model_set_column_title() method not
supported

you can find the code in the attachment, which is a modified version of
test_case1 I sent you
some days ago.
The errors appears with a call to
gda_query_execute (query, par_list, FALSE, NULL);

The syntax is the same as for an 'insert' query, I hope it's not my fault
somewhere.

Thanks and regards,

Massimo

 Sponsor:
 CipCipStore.it: Console e Accessori Playstation 2, Xbox 360, PSP. Tutto
quello che cerchi per la tua console preferita qui lo trovi. Visita il sito
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6119&d=20070328