Re: [gnome-db] libgda and libgnomedb API documentation

I want to add some docs about the "GDA easy" functions added in libgda.h file.

I was thinking about to create a GdaApp object where you can call the
"GDA easy" functions in the same name space and allow the developer to
have a "unifed" object to access all one in GDA.

As you can see now you can:

Crate a Table
Drop a table
Insert a row
Delete a row
update values using one condition
Execute a SQL SELECT command using the given SQL string command
Execute any SQL command

My plan is to add some functions to get access to the GDA's objects,
using a GdaApp:

- Connection
- Dictionary
- Client

I'm thinking about GdaQuery, may it need some usefull functions to
"easy" create or modify this object:

- Use a Valist to select the returned columns: in the form ->
gda_query_add_columns (GdaQuery*, "column name1", "column name2", ...)
- Use a Valist to add coditions: gda_query_add_conditions (GdaQuery*,
"column name", GValue condition1, operand, ...)
- Use a Valist to add conditions to a GdaCondition object (same as above)

GdaApp functions examples, using the current convenient ones in libgda.h file:

/*
The object will open the connection, create the Dictionary and sync
it with the DSN
*/
gda_app_new (DSN, USER, PASSWORD);

/*
Create a table using the defult GType->DBMS type, the columns must be
a column name / GType pairs valist
*/
gda_app_create_table (GdaApp, TABLE_NAME, *ERROR, ...);

/*
Drops tables
*/
gda_app_drop_table (GdaApp, TABLE_NAME, *ERROR);

/*
A column name / GValue valist
*/
gda_app_update_values_in_table (GdaApp, TABLE, COLUMN_NAME_CONDITION,
VALUE_CONDITION, *ERROR, ...);
gda_app_insert_row_into_table (GdaApp, TABLE, *ERROR, ...);

/*
A column name / value as string, valist
*/
gda_app_insert_row_into_table_from_string (GdaApp, TABLE, *ERROR, ...);

/*
Update value in a row, the row to be updated must fits "column" =
GValue condition
*/
gda_app_update_values_in_table (GdaApp, TABLE, COLUMN_NAME_CONDITION,
VALUE_CONDITION, *ERROR, ...);

/*
Update miltiple values in a table, the row must fits the "column" =
GValue condition
*/

gda_app_update_values_in_table (GdaApp, TABLE, COLUMN_NAME_CONDITION,
VALUE_CONDITION, *ERROR, ...);

/*
Delete a row in the table
*/
gda_app_update_values_in_table (GdaApp, TABLE, COLUMN_NAME_CONDITION,
VALUE_CONDITION, COLUMN_NAME_TO_UPDATE, NEW_VALUE, *ERROR);

/*
Executes a SQL SELECT command
*/
gda_app_execute_select_command (GdaApp, SQL, *ERROR);

/*
Executes a SQL command
*/
gda_app_execute_command (GdaApp, SQL, *ERROR);

2007/1/28, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>:
On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 17:46 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 14:18 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 14:16 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > > hmm, I wonder how we could upload that to our wiki-based website.
> > >
> > > /me asks sysadmins
> >
> > By uploading it to a different part of the website. You can link to it
> > from the wiki but there's no need to integrate it with the wiki.
> >
> yeah, that's the question I sent to the sysadmins, where to copy those
> files, and, if possible, how we could do it, say, once a week or
> something like that

We still need this.

In the meantime, I have updated the temporary stuff at openismus.com:
http://www.openismus.com/temp/libgda_3_0_docs/html/