Re: [gnome-db] gda-parameter-list.c:300: uint + mmap

On 1/18/07, Brecht Sanders <brecht sanders org> wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to compile libgda-2.99.2 for win32 using the mingw/msys
compiler environment.
I got pretty far into the compilation, but one of the pitfalls was this:

The file libgda/gda-parameter-list.c has the following on lines 300 and
304:
   gda_value_set_ushort (value, va_arg (ap, uint));
   g_value_set_uchar (value, va_arg (ap, uint));
I was able to get by this problem with a simple "-Duint=guint"
Apparently the uint type does not exist on my platform, but guint doe
and glib defines it simply as unsigned int.

It should normally be unsigned short (I'll correct this), does it
exist on Windows?

The show stopper I am facing though is in libgda/gda-data-model-import.c
which uses sys/mman.h for memory mapped file access.
The win32 platform does not have this include file.
Is there any chance this code could be changed to be win32 compatible?

Windows does have mapped files, but the code is different, AFAIK it
uses OpenFileMapping function call. Modifications to the code should
not be very difficult (modifications should be included in #ifdef
LIBGDA_WIN32 sections).

However because I know nothing of Win32 programming and I don't have a
win32 box at hand, I won't code it myself (you'll find some examples
fo such code for instance in http://www.google.com/codesearch).

Cheers,