Re: [gnome-db] SQLite last_insert_id

On 4/18/07, Piotr Pokora <piotrek pokora gmail com> wrote:

Hi!

Is there any reason why SQLite provider doesn't have last_insert_id method implemented?

No, there is not, but it's easy to do, see the attached patch which
I'll commit ASAP.

If it can not be implemented , how can I check if provider supports this or not?

You can't check if it's implemented, but if it's not, you'll get a
warning and the returned value will always be NULL. Moreover I don't
really like this function since the returned value's interpretation
and usage depends on the DBMS.

Cheers,