Re: [gnome-db] Quoting database names

On 9/11/06, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
I just made this change in libgda-1.2:

2006-09-11  Murray Cumming  <murrayc murrayc com>

        * providers/postgres/gda-postgres-provider.c:
        (gda_postgres_provider_create_database,
        gda_postgres_provider_create_database): When using
        CREATE DATABASE or DROP DATABASE, quote the database name,
        to allow, for instance, - characters. Possibly some other
        characters should be escaped too, but I can not find
        any description of the allowed characters in a
        postgres database name.
        Very possibly, the other providers should quote their
        database names too.

(and a new release with that would be nice.)

I can do that if you want, but I also think you can start using the
new API in Glom (you will be able to get a real database abstraction
and make Glom useable with at least Postgres, MySQL and SQLite).

But I can't find the equivalent place to make the same fix in HEAD.

The API has changed quite a lot in this respect. Database operations
(CREATE DATABASE, CREATE TABLE, ADD COLUMN, etc) are now handled
directly by each provider. For this purpose a new generic API has been
introduced which allows one to perform these operations in a (almost)
provider independant way.

I've locally made the same modifications for the HEAD branch.

Cheers,