Re: [gnome-db] gda_connection_execute_non_query

On 9/11/06, Bas Driessen <bas driessen xobas com> wrote:

 Hi Vivien,

 Just synced with CVS HEAD and I noticed that you have renamed
gda_connection_execute_non_query_l() to
gda_connection_execute_non_query(). That is fine, but what
is the new name of the old
gda_connection_execute_non_query()? I am calling this
function on several places in my project, so what is the new name of that?

GdaConnection now has 3 functions fo execute a query (command):
- gda_connection_execute_command() which is the basic one and maps
directly to the provider's execute_command() virtual function
- gda_connection_execute_select_command() which expects the command to
be a SELECT query and returns the resulting GdaDataModel
- gda_connection_execute_non_select_command() which expects the
command to be a query not returning a data model, it then returns the
number of rows impacted by the command

Now to answer your question, the old
gda_connection_execute_non_query() has been replaced by
gda_connection_execute_non_select_command() and should return the same
thing.

Cheers,