[gnome-db] Non datamodel queries.

Hello,

If I trigger a command like UPDATE or INSERT INTO using function gda_connection_execute_command(), I would like to know how many rows this has an effect on. In case of UPDATE or INSERT INTO this function gda_connection_execute_command() returns NULL and therefore not useful. Then I had a look at function  gda_connection_execute_command_l(), but also here NULL is returned if the result of a query is not a list of data.

I did look up the source of the old function gda_connection_execute_non_query() function (which was perfect to have btw), but if I use similar logic now, I just can't get the number of affected rows back.

So how can I execute an UPDATE or INSERT INTO command and get the number of affected/inserted rows back with the current API?

Thanks,
Bas.