Re: [gnome-db] libgda samples not ajour

On 11/19/06, Stian Skjelstad <stian nixia no> wrote:
On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 20:30 +0100, Stian Skjelstad wrote:
> I tried to update one of the samples. I haven't tried it yet, since I
> don't have postgresql installed. Is this patch correct?
I ment firebird in that email. Resending patch, now with updates for
both firebird and postgresql.

Thanks for your involvment! I have not looked at those files for a
long time and they are outdated...
Just a few remarks/corrections:
-> when you have a GdaDataModel and want to print its contents, it's
better to use gda_data_model_dump() as the outpout format is quite
good and this removes some useless code (for example the show_table2()
in postgres example can be removed)
-> the gda_client_prepare_create_database() call won't work because
the second argument must be a provider name (for example "Firebird"),
not a connection string, and anyway that call will fail because the
Firebird provider does not support the CREATE DATABASE operation; in
fact it does not support any operation, that code is to write (in case
you are interested, it's quite easy to do, see for example the SQLite
provider and the supports_operation(), create_operation(),
render_operation() and perform_operation() virtual functions to
write).

Except if you tell me otherwise, I won't commit your patch like it is.

Thanks a lot,