Re: [gnome-db] Re: Building Glom

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 14:44 +0200, Marko Anastasov wrote:
> > afaik, both postgresql-dev and mysql-dev should be available as packages
> > in FC5. So, try using yum or whatever package manager FC5 has.
>
> Yeah but for jhbuild-ing I use a prefix in my home dir, so
> that doesn't help much.

This is an annoying new problem in jhbuild. I guess there's a reason
that it doesn't use stuff from /usr, but I fix that by doing this:

#Use existing packages even inside jhbuild:
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig

in a script before starting jhbuild.

I think you can also use addpath() in jhbuildrc. That is mentioned here,
for instance:
http://live.gnome.org/JhbuildOnUbuntu

This might introduce the additional problem that libtool insists on
using some libraries from /usr/lib that you _don't_ want, such as old
versions of glib, instead of cvs versions of glib with new API. If that
happens, try _carefully_ deleting all .la files in /usr/lib. It's
extreme, but it works, and everyone seems to do it.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com