Re: [gnome-db] What happened to gda_connection_execute_non_query?

On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 11:36 +0200, Vivien Malerba wrote:
On 5/2/06, Bas Driessen <bas driessen xobas com> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  Just downloaded the latest libgda source tree (HEAD) and trying to compile
> my applications with it. I noticed that the function
> gda_connection_execute_non_query() has disappeared. In the
> ChangeLog there is a comment that this was a nonsense function. Well, I am
> using it quiet a lot, so what is the new equivalent function for this?

It has been replaced with a single gda_connection_execute_command().
The "nonsense" was in reference to the function name which was a bit
silly (I mean what do you execute if it's not a query?), not in the
functionnality.

Thanks Vivien, but the convenient part of that function was that it just returned an integer that told me the number of affected records. Now I have to build all kinds of bells and whistles around it to get this or not?

Bas.