[gnome-db] Why the CVS version not allot to install in /usr

I'm trying to install libgda and libgnomedb from CVS but libgda tells it can not install libraries if the path no finish with /usr/local/lib (I used /usr in the prefix option in configure); and libgnomedb doen't find the gtk lilbraries in /usr/local, then why I can't install using the /usr prefix?

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los cuates: LIBRE)