Re: [gnome-db] How do I read a GdaNumeric as a gdouble?

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 13:33 +0100, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> On 3/15/06, Juan Pablo <jpdborgna yahoo com ar> wrote:
> > With v=(GdaValue *)
> > gda_data_model_get_value_at(dm,gda_data_model_get_column_position(dm,"stock1a"),0);
> > i get a numeric (from database) and i want to use it like this (in the
> > ideal world...)
> > gtk_spin_button_set_value(GTK_SPIN_BUTTON(lookup_widget(widget,"stock1a")),
> > gda_value_get_double(v));
> > But it is numeric, so im afraid i have to stringify it and then
> > g_strotod it (it works but its ugly).
> >
> > �Is there any direct way to do it?
>
> For the moment you need to either use a string representation, or
> build your own gdouble value from the GdaNumeric structure.
>
> However, I've added in my local working repository a function to
> transform a GdaValue into another one called g_value_transform() which
> you'll be able to use instead (but I've not yet committed it).

Some kind of get_value_numeric_as_double() would be a lot simpler.

GdaNumeric contains a string representation of the number (presumably as
per the C locale, hopefully). At the moment, I need to parse that string
representation to a double myself.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com