Re: [gnome-db] How do I read a GdaNumeric as a gdouble?

On 3/15/06, Juan Pablo <jpdborgna yahoo com ar> wrote:
> With v=(GdaValue *)
> gda_data_model_get_value_at(dm,gda_data_model_get_column_position(dm,"stock1a"),0);
> i get a numeric (from database) and i want to use it like this (in the
> ideal world...)
> gtk_spin_button_set_value(GTK_SPIN_BUTTON(lookup_widget(widget,"stock1a")),
> gda_value_get_double(v));
> But it is numeric, so im afraid i have to stringify it and then
> g_strotod it (it works but its ugly).
>
> ¿Is there any direct way to do it?

For the moment you need to either use a string representation, or
build your own gdouble value from the GdaNumeric structure.

However, I've added in my local working repository a function to
transform a GdaValue into another one called g_value_transform() which
you'll be able to use instead (but I've not yet committed it).

Cheers,