[gnome-db] libgda glib 2.8 issues.

Hello All,

Just downloaded the latest CVS libgda sources and while attempting to compile I noticed 2 issues:

-1 undefined reference to `g_access'
-2 undefined reference to `g_mkdir_with_parents'

Apparently 'g_access' and 'g_mkdir_with_parents' are only available in glib 2.8, while the system I am working on (FC4) has glib 2.6.6 installed. If we really want to use these 2 new calls, configure.in has to be modified to check for glib version >= 2.8 rather than 2.0.0 as it is doing now.

On the other hand, these new calls are only made in 3 files (gda-diagnose.c, gda-test-models.c and gda-test-sql.c) in the /testing directory. do we really want to up the glib requirement just for these 3 testing files? An easy workaround for glib 2.6 is to replace g_access with access and g_mkdir_with_parents with g_mkdir. Not sure if that is compatible with 2.8, but we could use #ifdef settings based on the glib version in case it is not.

Personally I would like to keep libgda compatible with glib 2.6.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Bas.