Re: [gnome-db] Status of various providers in libgda

On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 13:31 -0700, Daniel Morgan wrote:
> I've tried sending this email earlier from
> sqldan2000 yahoo com twice, but it seems to be
> blocked.  So, if you receive this email more than
> once, please ignore.  Now, I am trying from a
> different email.
>
> Love the screenshots of Mergeant that Vivien had on
> planet.gnome.org.
>
> What is the status of all the providers in libgda?
> How much are they implemented? What are the missing
> bits?
> Are there any providers non-working right now?
> What versions of these databases you support?
>
> - MySQL
> - PostgreSQL

mySQL and Postgres are the ones best supported in the new API. The
others, they vary in their states, from mostly supported to needs lots
of work :-)

> Can libgda from cvs build on a stable release of GNOME
> and a stable release of a Linux distribution?  The
> reason I ask is because I've have only been
> successfull building libgda, libgnomedb, and mergeant
> in the past if I had built GNOME from cvs.

it should build with stable GNOME AFAIK, so any recent distribution
should be enough to compile it.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>