[gnome-db] Status of various providers in libgda

I've tried sending this email earlier from
sqldan2000 yahoo com twice, but it seems to be
blocked.  So, if you receive this email more than
once, please ignore.  Now, I am trying from a
different email.

Love the screenshots of Mergeant that Vivien had on
planet.gnome.org.

What is the status of all the providers in libgda?
How much are they implemented? What are the missing
bits?
Are there any providers non-working right now?
What versions of these databases you support?

- MySQL
- PostgreSQL
- Firebird
- SQL Lite
- ODBC
- FreeTDS (Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase)
- Oracle
- others...

I'd be interested in helping.  Well, okay, attempt to
help.

Can libgda from cvs build on a stable release of GNOME
and a stable release of a Linux distribution?  The
reason I ask is because I've have only been
successfull building libgda, libgnomedb, and mergeant
in the past if I had built GNOME from cvs.

Daniel Morgan
danmorg on GimpNet irc