[gnome-db] Oracle 10g Express Edition + libgda.

Hello,

Is there someone on the list who has experience with Oracle 10g Express Edition and libgda?

First, what do I need for a successful libgda link with Oracle? I have downloaded and installed version 10.2.0.1 of XE. The database server part works OK as I can query the example database hr etc. So far it is unclear to me if this package contains a client as well. Would I need a client as well to build libgda? If so, there is the traditional client and also an "instant" client. Which one to pick? I see that in the libgda sources, the only external link is oci.h This is available in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/public If I would be using that, would the created libgda-oracle library also work against a client?

Second, what do I feed into the --with-oracle argument at configure time? Would that be (the value of) $ORACLE_HOME?

Thanks,
Bas.