Re: [gnome-db] Error bulding libgda from head

Oops.  Sorry about the duplicate email.

I didn't know how to disable sqlite, so I just
commented it from providers/Makefile.am

I had to modify configure.in so it could find my
include files for the Oracle Instant Client 10.2

The instant client differs from the normal client for
10g.  I had to download and unzip the instant client
and its sdk because the Oracle 10g Express Edition
that I installed via apt-get from
http://oss.oracle.com/debian did not come with oci.h
and other header file.

danmorg danpc:~/gnomecvs/gnomeinstall/bin$
./gda-test-connection --provider=Oracle --cnc
TNSNAME=XE --user=HR --password=HR2
Connection successfully opened!

I think I'm ready to look into the Oracle provider
now.  :-)

Everytime I build libgda on ubuntu 6.06, my emachines
desktop overheats and the linux kernel shuts it down.
I have no idea how to disable this temperature sensor
in the kernel.  Someone mentioned sysctl.  Any ideas?