Re: [gnome-db] Seg fault. Work in progress?

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 13:10 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 21:04 +1000, Bas Driessen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just trying to compile my projects against the latest CVS version of
> libgda, but I get a segmentation fault on a simple line as this:
>
> gda_data_model_get_column_title (dm, columnId)
>
> while this has been working OK for months (if not years by now). Is
> this still work in progress because of this recent hurricane of (API)
> changes (which is good in the long run, but which appears to be a bit
> of panic football at the moment resulting in the latest 1.99.99 / RC
> not even to compile out of the box ...), or should all (theoretically)
> work OK in CVS HEAD now?

on CVS things seem to work pk, please try to use and report problems for
that one

OK, this appears to be a result of the new GdaColumn implementation. gda_data_model_describe_column () returns a GdaColumn, but this one should not be freed in the new situation as the warning says in the doco.

"WARNING: the returned GdaColumn object belongs to the model model and and should not be destroyed."

Good that that warning has been added, saving a lot of time debugging this change.