[gnome-db] Re: GdaRow as a GObject

2005/9/27, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>:

> So, now I see that GdaRow has been changed to a GObject too.
>
> The const on the row parameter on
> gda_data_model_update_row() and gda_data_model_remove_row() seems wrong,
> because they can invalidate/delete the row, though that's not documented

You're right; I'll remove them.

> for both. I'd also like the documentation for those functions to clearly
> state how the row object might be obtained, in order to call these
> functions.

Yes, I'll update the documentation to make that point very clear.

> More importantly, gda_row_new() and gda_row_new_from_list should do
> nothing more than call g_object_new(), because language bindings can not
> all call the specific _new functions.

It's almost the case, but as the gda_row__new*() functions have
parameters like the number of columns in the row or its values, there
is a bit more code and that can't be avoided.

> These seem like useful changes that will simplify the API, and I'm
> really grateful for your hard work on it. However, API freeze seems a
> bit far off at the moment.

Yes. I tried to make the corrections (which I believe were required
before the 2.0 release) and modifying the API as few as possible. I
plan to do more after the 2.0 release.

Rodrigo, do you think I should correct the few items Murray mantionned
above before the 2.0 or should I wait after it?