[gnome-db] GdaRow as a GObject

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 09:36 +0200, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> > > -> if a user wants to update a complete row, create a new GdaRow
> > > object or copy an existing one, call gda_data_model_update_row() and
> > > then g_object_unref (row)

So, now I see that GdaRow has been changed to a GObject too.

The const on the row parameter on
gda_data_model_update_row() and gda_data_model_remove_row() seems wrong,
because they can invalidate/delete the row, though that's not documented
for both. I'd also like the documentation for those functions to clearly
state how the row object might be obtained, in order to call these
functions.

More importantly, gda_row_new() and gda_row_new_from_list should do
nothing more than call g_object_new(), because language bindings can not
all call the specific _new functions.

These seem like useful changes that will simplify the API, and I'm
really grateful for your hard work on it. However, API freeze seems a
bit far off at the moment.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com