Fwd: [gnome-db] Gda#

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com>
Date: 07-oct-2005 16:47
Subject: Re: [gnome-db] Gda#
To: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>

2005/10/7, Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>:
> On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 13:37 -0500, Daniel Espinosa wrote:
> > I have initate to work with the part of gda-sharp, and I found the following:
> >
> > 1. Must be created a file called gda-sources.xml (I'll send to append
> > to the CVS HEAD), its simple but needed if you need to create Gda#.
> >
> > 2. I found that the conversion gapi2-parser doesn't work with the
> > current source (again in GValue), and need work around.
> >
> > 3. Must be an option to "disable-mono", in configure, becouse the
> > source doesn't make with the current problems in gapi2-parser
> >
> CCin Dan Winship, who moved the GDA# bindings from GTK# to libgda.
>
> Dan, is this file correct? Can we just put it in CVS?
> --
> Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>

Please, review the attached files.

I make a compile, and now the make process can generate the
gda-api.raw and gda-api.xml, Gda.metafile is empty for the moment.

Now, when compile, and make tryes to codegenerate, the gapi2-codegen
shows the next messages:

>>> BEGIN MESSAGES
Making all in gda-sharp
make[1]: Entering directory `../../libgda-1.9.99/gda-sharp'
/opt/mono-1.1.9.2/bin/gapi2-parser gda-sources.xml
<dir ../libgda>
                                               GValue
*return_value,                                           guint
n_param_values,                                        const GValue
*param_values,                                   gpointer
invocation_hint,                                 gpointer
marshal_data);
[...]
                      gpointer      marshal_data);structs: 60  enums:
13  callbacks: 4
funcs: 1 types: 19  classes: 14
props:  signals: 6

cp ./gda-api.raw gda-api.xml
chmod u+w gda-api.xml
/opt/mono-1.1.9.2/bin/gapi2-fixup --api=gda-api.xml --metadata=./Gda.metadata
/opt/mono-1.1.9.2/bin/gapi2-codegen --generate gda-api.xml
-I:/opt/mono-1.1.9.2/share/gapi-2.0/pango-api.xml
-I:/opt/mono-1.1.9.2/share/gapi-2.0/atk-api.xml
-I:/opt/mono-1.1.9.2/share/gapi-2.0/gdk-api.xml
-I:/opt/mono-1.1.9.2/share/gapi-2.0/gtk-api.xml   --outdir=generated
--customdir=. --assembly-name=gda-sharp && touch generated-stamp
rettype: xmlNodePtr in method ToXmlNode in type Gda.DataModel
Name: node Type: xmlNodePtr in gda_data_model_add_data_from_xml_node
in method AddDataFromXmlNode in type Gda.DataModel
Name: to_stream Type: FILE* in gda_data_model_dump  in method Dump in
type Gda.DataModel
Ellipsis parameter in gda_connection_add_event_string  in method
AddEventString in type Gda.Connection
Name: node Type: xmlNodePtr in gda_data_model_array_new_from_xml_node
in type Gda.DataModelArray
Field  has unknown Type GdaThreaderPrivate* in Struct Gda.Threader
Name: func Type: GThreadFunc in gda_threader_start_thread  in method
StartThread in type Gda.Threader
Field  has unknown Type GObjectClass in Struct Gda.ThreaderClass
Ellipsis parameter in gda_log_error  in method Error in type Gda.Log
Ellipsis parameter in gda_log_message  in method Message in type Gda.Log
Name: node Type: const-xmlNodePtr in gda_value_new_from_xml  in method
NewFromXml in type Gda.Value
rettype: xmlNodePtr in method ToXml in type Gda.Value
Defaulting DataModelForeachFunc param to 'call' scope in method
DataModelBase.Foreach

Unhandled Exception: System.Exception: API file must be regenerated
with a current version of the GAPI parser. It is incompatible with
this version of the GAPI code generator.
in <0x0006d> GtkSharp.Generation.StructField:get_StudlyName ()
in <0x0041d> GtkSharp.Generation.StructField:Generate
(GtkSharp.Generation.GenerationInfo gen_info, System.String indent)
in <0x000f0> GtkSharp.Generation.StructBase:GenFields
(GtkSharp.Generation.GenerationInfo gen_info)
in <0x00179> GtkSharp.Generation.StructBase:Generate
(GtkSharp.Generation.GenerationInfo gen_info)
in <0x000ca> GtkSharp.Generation.BoxedGen:Generate
(GtkSharp.Generation.GenerationInfo gen_info)
in <0x00937> GtkSharp.Generation.CodeGenerator:Main (System.String[] args)
make[1]: *** [generated-stamp] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/esodan/Desktop/Descargas/Descomprimir/libgda-1.9.99/gda-sharp'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

As you'll see, the missing files (attached) gda-sources.xml and
Gda.metadata that are required in the MakeFile to create gda-api.xml,
now you'll have the api.raw file and api.xml, using an empty
Gda.metadata.

But there's some errors, could any say why the gapi2-codegen sends
that messages if the api.xml file is generated with gapi2-parse
utility?

<gapi-parser-input>
  <api filename="./gda-api.raw">
    <library name="gda-sharp.dll">