[gnome-db] GdaColumn and GdaColumnIndex

Hello,

Still having a strange problem. Hope someone can help advise.

This works:

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
   gda_init("test", "1.0", argc, argv);
   GdaColumn *abc = gda_column_new();
   g_object_unref(abc);
}

This does not work:

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
   gda_init("test", "1.0", argc, argv);
   GdaColumnIndex *abc = gda_column_index_new();
   g_object_unref(abc);
}

This generates the warning: GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_free_instance: assertion `instance != NULL && instance->g_class != NULL' failed

Both "new" functions only call g_object_new in libgda. My understanding is that I should use g_object_unref to free the mem (rather than g_free).

When comparing the GdaColumn and GdaColumnIndex implementations in libgda, the only structural difference I can see is that the GdaColumnIndex does not have any signals. Anyway, after putting a signal in place it still fails.

Am I overlooking something simple, or is there an issue here?

Thanks,
Bas.