[gnome-db] database integration for GNOME 2.12

Hi

Some time ago I was asked what plans I had for GNOME 2.x, and I asked
'database integration'. So, now, in the roadmap for GNOME 2.12
(http://live.gnome.org/RoadMap), as it was in previous roadmaps, there
is that item.

So, I'm asking here for ideas on how we could better integrate databases
into the GNOME desktop. So far, some (crazy) ideas:

* create a db-filesystem, like the WinFS thing on longhorn. That would
be a gnome-vfs module that offers a category-based filesystem for
gnome-vfs-based applications. Thus, users could use a database file
(SQLite) or a big database (for saving files from many applications)

* have mergeant finished and include it as part of the GNOME desktop

anyone has any good idea we could work on?
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>