Re: [gnome-db] libgnomedb: compiling and run-time issue.

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 17:49 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 13:59 +1000, Bas Driessen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just had a look at the latest libgnomedb. Looks fantastic!
> Especially the "global" switch is very convenient.
>
> When compiling (FC4/x86_64/gcc 4.0) , I get the following error:
>
> gnome-db-qf-value.c:87: error: static declaration of
> 'gnome_db_qf_value_restrict_with_field' follows non-static declaration
> gnome-db-qf-value.h:87: error: previous declaration of
> 'gnome_db_qf_value_restrict_with_field' was here
> gnome-db-qf-value.c:88: error: static declaration of
> 'gnome_db_qf_value_restrict_with_field_xml' follows non-static
> declaration
> gnome-db-qf-value.h:88: error: previous declaration of
> 'gnome_db_qf_value_restrict_with_field_xml' was here
>
> I can bypass this error by editing file libgnomedb/gnome-db-qf-value.h
> and change the lines 87 + 88 :
>
> gboolean          gnome_db_qf_value_restrict_with_field
> (GnomeDbQfValue *field, GnomeDbQfield *provider, GError **error);
> gboolean          gnome_db_qf_value_restrict_with_field_xml
> (GnomeDbQfValue *field, const gchar *prov_xml_id, GError **error);
>
> to:
>
> static gboolean          gnome_db_qf_value_restrict_with_field
> (GnomeDbQfValue *field, GnomeDbQfield *provider, GError **error);
> static gboolean          gnome_db_qf_value_restrict_with_field_xml
> (GnomeDbQfValue *field, const gchar *prov_xml_id, GError **error);
>
> or comment them out altogether.
>
> Since I am not familiar in this part of libgnomedb, I would appreciate
> if somebody who is familiar with these functions/API what the best
> approach is here.

I think it's a mistake, and those functions should not be static, since
they are declared in the header file. I've changed it in CVS to not be
static at all. Let me know if that fixes it for you.

Thanks Rodrigo, that worked. It now compiles "out of the cvs-box" without making any modifications to the source/environment.

> Further, when running the gnome-db-browser, I get the following error
> when trying to get/update the meta data:
>
> "Error updating Database metadata: Schema for list of fields is wrong"
>
> on the command line it prints the error :
>
> ** (gnome-db-browser:8166): CRITICAL **: gda_row_get_number: assertion
> `row != NULL' failed
>
> My question, is if this part of the gnome-db-browser is work in
> progress, or should this work already?

it works for me, for SQLite. Which provider are you using it with?
It fails for both MySQL as PostgreSQL provider.  Same error, same spot.

Thanks,
Bas.