Re: [gnome-db] Which libgda works well with all Linux versions

On 7/29/05, Raghavendra <raghaven kumar gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  we developed a appln using gtk and mysql in a Fedora Core 3 system with
> libgda 1.2.0
>  and when we tried to install libgda1.2.0 in a Fedora Core 4 (in a seperate
> system) it asked for a dependency namely libgda2.so.1
>  so we tried to install libgda1.3.4. it installed sucessfully.
>  but
>  when we compiled our application using that libgda, a error came in our
> function as:
>
> DBAccess.c: In function 'accDB':
>  DBAccess.c:175: error: too few arguments to function
> 'gda_config_save_data_source'
>
>  our code at 175 is:
>
> > gda_config_save_data_source ("Oscar", "MySQL", "DATABASE=Oscar",NULL,NULL,
> NULL);
> >
>  so we recompiled our application with integer 0 as the last arguement in
> the function
>  and it worked well
>  My questions are
>   1.Does libgda support vary with every versions of Linux?

Linux distributors are free to ship with any version of libgda, but
there are no libgda forks for any version of linux that I know of.

>   2.Is this error due to a change in the libgda?

Yes, libgda 1.3.x are development versions and some API changes have
heen introduced during the development of that new version (which will
be 1.4 of 2.0).

>   3.If yes, then what does the last integer arguement represent?

In libgda 1.3.x, we introduced the possibility to configure
system-wide data sources. The last argument of that function is to
tell if the data source must be system-wide.

Regards,