[gnome-db] data connect

sorry if this is the inappropriate list for this, i'm
checking out gnomedb-fe (front end) and was wondering
if what applies for creating a data connection-
I've tried 'mysql' for provider and host=<lan ip> for
dsn, I've also tried host=192.168.1.33;port=3306 for
dsn.. (the connection works with mysql client)
currently I'm checking out gnuE-forms and a few other
rad programs. I don't see any help on gnomedb-fe on
your site and hope someone can give me a hand where I
can find examples with this front-end it appears
promising. thanks for any feedback, greatly
appreciated..

james