[gnome-db] Boolean columns with gda/gnomedb and MySQL

I am coding a simple glade 2.6.8/gda 1.21/gnomedb
1.2.1 application, using MySQL 4.1.11 as the
underlying database. I'd like to have a boolean
column, where a true value would be displayed with a
check mark (or something like that), and a false value
with nothing. I have created a TINYINT(1) column in
the database, but the problem that I'm having is that
the values are displayed as (presumably integers),
with 1s and 0s. My two questions are:

a) Is the check mark functionality (or similar) for
boolean columns implemented in gnomedb?
b) If so, what do I have to do to have the column
recognized as boolean?

Thank you very much!!!

Pablo

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs