Re: [gnome-db] Are ther any reason to GnomeDbCombo don't use a GnomeDbQuery

On 7/14/05, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:
> I'm tryin to use the GnomeDbCombo, but it is using GdaDataModel
> instead of GnomeDbQuery, GnomeDbDataSet or GnomeDbDataModel.

You can give either a simple GdaDataModel to the GnomeDbCombo widget,
or a GnomeDbDataModel (any object which implements that interface
needs to also implement the GdaDataModel one).

The GnomeDbQuery does not by itself contain any data, but an SQL query
(when you run the query you get a GnomeDbResultSet object which
implements the GnomeDbDataModel and which you can then give as an
entry to the GnomeDbCombo).

The GnomeDbDataSet is just a collection of values which compose a
"row", so it's not what a combo box expects.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,