Re: [gnome-db] PATCH: gda_postgres_remove_row.

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:27:54 +1000, Bas Driessen <bas driessen xobas com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 10:51 +0100, Vivien Malerba wrote:

> > > Great, thanks for response and review Vivien. Yes, please go ahead and
> > > commit to HEAD. Did some more testing today and am confident that the
> > > changes are OK and nothing is broken. Therefore it should be safe to
> > > commit to the 1.2 branch as well. This new functionality is important in
> > > my projects, so in case there are some issues, I will correct them
> > > immediately. Thanks again for your help.
> > >

> > Ok, I'll let Rodrigo decide for the 1.2 branch and I'll do the commit
> > for the HDEA branch ASAP (this WE propably).
>
> Regarding the 1.2 branch. The only reason I keep asking for my changes
> to go into the 1.2 branch, is that I assume that a 1.2.1 release will be
> cut way earlier than a release containing HEAD (2.0.0 ?? ) If however
> you will start a similar release cycle as you did with 1.0.x vs 1.1.x
> where there will be a release in the not to distant future, then I am
> happy to go with that. So if possible, can you please give some estimate
> release dates of the new 1.2.x vs 2.0.x (or 1.3.x) road map?
>
> For me (and for everybody I assume) it is so much easier to build and
> release a software package around an official libgda release rather than
> an own composition.

It's difficult to predict the road map for 2.0.x (or 1.3.x) as there
will be many changes: a few in libgda and many in libgnomedb. I'd say
that we'll have a clearer view when I finally commit all the changes
I'm working on libgnomedb (I've added around 70000 lines of code from
the libmergeant library), which should be soon.

For the 1.2.x releases, Rodrigo can answer better than me as I don't
know what he plans to do. Still I think Rodrigo can commit your
patches to the 1.2 so they can be tested. Rodrigo?

The important thing is that you keep making the patches for both the
1.2 and HEAD branches to avoid having too much work to catch up later
in HEAD.