Re: [gnome-db] Libgda modifications in CVS HEAD

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 00:00 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 16:59 -0600, Daniel Espinosa wrote:
> > This change is API incompatible with the last version
> > of LibGDA, then is it correct for a version 1.x?
> >
> no, API changes are not allowed in the 1.2 series. We might probably
> high the version number to 2.0 for that version

So this new libgda version will be parllel-installable with libgda-1.2.

So it needs a new pc file, and a different name for the libarary. Do you
plan to make those changes?

Unfortunately, you already use "2" in the library name,
/opt/gnome210/lib/libgda-2.so
so you might want to choose a different even number for this new version
to avoid confusion.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com