[gnome-db] writing of .libgda/config

I just started live testing of my extension, and realized that config_set_string() all call write_config_file(). For the purposes of the PHP extension, it will end up writing warnings as apache is not generally configured to write to it's home directory.

As far as I understand, there is no reason for save_data_source() to actually write data (in the webserver case), as the config can be easily handled at the PHP end. - the trick is how to turn off writing

a) set a flag that write_config_file() checks
b) have another method setDataSource() - that doesnt actually save, it just stores the datasource.. - trouble is the write_calls are part of the config_set_string() methods..

Any Thoughts
Regards
Alan