[gnome-db] end-user GUI database app?

Is there a nice simple GUI database app available for
GNU/Linux? Something like Apple's AppleWorks? I'd like to
simply make a customer list; save their addresses, contact
info, and possibly a listing of jobs I've done for them.
And then later be able to quickly search the list --
possibly creating invoices from it as-needed.

I guess I could just use a plain text file, and then hack
something together with Python/Tkinter, but that might get
unwieldy as the text file gets bigger and as I discover I
need more functionality.

Thanks.