Re: [gnome-db] win32 dlls and libs

I've ported a number of linux libraries over to win32 before using mingw32 and did start on a partial port of libgda a few months ago but havn't done anything else after getting stuck on some issues with yacc. I dont know what the current status or work currently under way for win32 port is or who is working on such things. I know for me personally I have 2 projects that have large win32 components which would benifit from a port to windows though i have a lot of other things i am suppose to do in the short term.

Building for cygwin is a lot easier than mingw32 and it might just work in some respects without any modifications to the libraries.

I'd suggest creating a bug report for it. But its not something that is not going to happen over night if it hasn't been worked on before by other people.

Alan Knowles wrote:

I saw a few messages in the archives about cygwin builds & google picks up a few mentions that people are using it with gtk-sharp..

Is anyone building dll's and libs, for the releases? - if not, it kind of puts a big damper on my little project, as php usage is something over 50% on windows, so support for windows is kind of essential.

Regards
Alan