Re: [gnome-db] Re: question: in memory table representation: please help

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 16:07 -0600, Neil Zanella wrote:
> Sorry, the link I meant to refer to is:
>
> http://www.gnome-db.org/docs/libgda/libgda-GdaTable.html
>
> How do I create an in memory object for the SQL table described below...
> (i.e. a copy of the table itself, not the data it contains).

it seems to me you're doing something wrong...so, what are you exactly
trying to do? Why do you want that in-memory representation of the
table?

If you want to get data from a database, use the gda_connection_*
functions, no need to deal with GdaTable, which is only, as you noted,
an in-memory representation of a table. You can either create it from an
existing GdaDataModel (gda_table_new_from_model), or create it by hand,
in which case you need to add all fields, set all attributes on the
fields, add the data (gda_data_model_append_row), etc
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>