[gnome-db] gda_config_save_data_source

Hello,

I don't quite understand why I would have to call
gda_config_save_data_source() to
connect to a database. After all, this function writes a file in my
home directory, but
why would a configuration file need to be written given that every other RDBMS
access protocol I've ever come across from can just get user input from a
the command line or from a widget and use the values from there to connect?

Why does libgda need access to my file system when the database server is
running elsewhere. Why does it need to write those parameters to the file
system?????

Also, why do I have to name the data source name, can't I give it
just the database name, together with server, port, and driver name
like I've always done in Java, Qt, or just about anything else?

Thanks,

Neil