Re: [gnome-db] please help connecting to databse

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 15:37:27 +0100, Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com> wrote:

> Then how would you make the difference if someone wanted to use the
> real TCP/IP socket?

I don't know. There could be a PROTOCOL parameter for those who cared.
In the Qt application framework I can specify a host parameter as localhost
and it knows to use (try?) U.D.S. whenever it realizes it can't use TCP/IP as
some sort of fallback I guess, or maybe it tries U.D.S. automatically on unix
when the host parameter is set to localhost. I haven't looked at their source
code (dropped Qt when I was wating minutes on simple one line modification
and recompile cycles).

Regards,

Neil