Re: [gnome-db] What DWI does [was Re: GnuCash page on GO site]

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> writes:

>> No, the XML backend does not -- it enforces single-user mode by a
>> file lock.  Users hate it (and I don't blame them).
>>
> then the cache consistency checks can be implemented on top of the data
> backends, right? i.e., no need for libgda to do those checks?

If we were going to write a "gda backend" to qof, then yes, theoretically
those checks could go in the qof-backend module instead of in gda.  But
gda does require the necessary hooks (which you just assured me would be
in 1.2).

Granted, it might be "better" if those consistency checks were in gda
so that other apps could use them, but as far as gnucash is concerned
I'm not convinced it really matters.

Is there a SQLite module for gda?

> cheers

-derek

       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available