[gnome-db] Access to last auto_increment value (mysql_insert_id)

Gentlefolk,

I'm building an application using libgda as an abstraction layer over a
mysql database. I am using the auto_increment column type to generate
unique ids for each row in a table. My question is: is it possible to
access the generated id after executing the INSERT. If I was using the
mysql API directly, I would use the mysql_insert_id() function, but
despite a diligent search of the documentation, the archives of this
list, and the gda-mysql source code, I can't seem to see a way of doing
this. Without this functionality, the auto_increment facilty is of
limited usefulness.

Can someone point me in the direction of documentation that could help
me?

Many thanks

Nigel Titley