Re: [gnome-db] gnome-db on windows

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 14:09 +0200, Szalai Ferenc wrote:
> bogdan stefan wrote:
> > hello
> > i've read about gnome-db,recently.
> > i'm intrested in libgnomedb and in tegration with glade.
> > i want to used in windows project.
> > i use glade 2+ gtk 2.
> > can you give me an example?what lib do i need?a path to a tutorial?
>
> I think the libgnomedb depends on lot of gnome libraries which only have
> cygwin based
> windows port (as I know). But If you want portable database connectivity
> only,  you can
> use the libgda which only depends on glib and database libraries like
> postgres, mysql etc.
> You can write own widget only based on gtk2 easily in this case.
>
> Btw. Does anybody try to compile libgnome-db without gnome support?

yes, there is even support for it in our configure.in and sources. We
added conditional compilation of the GNOME-only bits to make it compile
on Windows, so it is perfectly possible.

There might be some errors though now, since I myself never test them on
Windows, but it should mainly work and need just a few patches.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>