Re: [gnome-db] Changing a field definition

> On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 17:55, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> Actually, I didn't think that the get_schema() was even an option for me
> when I want to change the field type. Or is the data_model returned by
> get_schema() writeable?
>
>> A better solution for this would be, I guess, to have create_table,
>> modify_table, etc methods on the provider.

I also believe that having in the providers at least:
create_table()
drop_table()
add_field_to_table()
delete_field_from_table()
modify_field()
create_database()
drop_database()

is the only way to be able to do some correct work on the database
structure. The get_schema() should be kept a read-only thing.

If I remember correctly there are already the *_database() methods, but
they are not implemented by the providers AFAIK.

Cheers,